Use Premiere File Transitionsmjcroskey2021-05-03T00:53:29+00:00
Use Premiere Transitions
1. Open or Import:
Open the “1. MP Transitions” folder of the downloaded file. Select the project file of the transition category you want to use, open the file, convert if necessary, andsave a copy. (The original should remain unchanged.)
If you get a Link Media warning for missing filesclick herefor the quick fix.
2. Open your project and Disable the Insert and Overwrite sequences option in the top left corner of Your Project’s timeline (playhead and tracks icon) it should be white/gray.
This will allow you to add the individual layers of the transition to your timeline.
3. Open the transitions folder and turn on Icon View to preview transitions by dragging the mouse over the thumbnail image or by clicking and scrubbing through the bar beneath the thumbnail.
4. Select the transition you want to use inthe Motion Pro Transition file
5. Turn Off/ Deselect source patching and track targeting for the V1 track. The V1 side should be dark gray on both sides.
6. Click Hold and drag the transition from the Motion Pro Transition file into the timeline of your project file, placing the visible layers above your footage. Align the cut oftransition layers with the cut of the two clips in your project or place .mogrt transitions at the center of the two clips.
Or if you prefer you can import one of the “ALL Transitions” files into YOUR project file.
To Import Transitions into A Project File:
Choose File > Import > File from the top menu.
Then locate the converted copy of the desired transitions category in the “Premiere Transitions” folder or wherever you saved it, and click Open.
In the Import Project pop-up window select the following:
Import Entire Project
Create folder for imported items.
Allow importing duplicate media.
To Change the Transition Resolution/Aspect Ratio:
Confirm the Resolution of the sequence your working in.
Select the “CHANGE SIZE HERE” sequence at the end of the project window.
Choose Sequence > Sequence Settings and change to the same resolution.
All the transitions will automatically update to the new resolution. You may also need to resize any graphics used in the transitions using the Scale and Position controls in the Effect Controls Panel.